Saturday 23 July 2011

Bull

I was just randomly thinking about politeness. By politeness i mean when people tell you what you want to hear. For instance, after your boyfriend dumps you and your feeling really down and your friend says 'dont worry, your better off without him' when what they are really thinking is 'wow i thought they were going to be together forever!'. Obviously people do it to be kind, to help the person heal or feel better with their words. Which is all well and good!

What i dont get is why we cant just say the truth. Using the boyfriend example again you don't have to be rude and say 'my god your a heffer no ones going to love you again' but you could say 'i really didnt see that one coming and im really sorry its happened!'.

This came about because i was thinking about my current situation in which i do not have a teaching job for seprember and most of my driends do. And so i find myself in the position whrre my future is going ti be supply work. Now i hate when people say 'its good experience' or 'you make more money' (you dont btw) id rather people say 'crap, hope you find a job soon.'

I just think theres a way to put a spin on the truth and i really dislike when people "try to make me feel better" in that condesending manner.

Rant is done (if you can call it that).

God bless and good night :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment